terms and conditions
1. All entry instructions form part of these terms and conditions - all participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the full Terms and Conditions set out by Arklu
2. Eligibility: Competition open to kids aged 13 and under on the day of entry to the competition.
3. Parental permission: No purchase is necessary; verifiable parental consent is necessary to submit a child's entry to this competition.
4. Notification: A winner will be selected by jury and confidentially notified. A public announcement will be made in 2-3 weeks after the closing date.
5. Multiple entries permitted. However, no group entries are permitted.
6. Competition Entry Period: Entries accepted from the 1st of the month until the last day of the month.
7. What do I need to do to enter the Competition?
a) Parents: Download and print out template
b) Kids: Use your imaginations and some help from your loved ones to create your design for Lottie, and describe it.
c) Parents: Take a photo or scan of your child’s design on our template, fill out the entry form and upload. The photo can be a mobile phone / mobile device image and no bigger than 3MB and in either JPG, BMP, GIF or PNG or TIFF format.
8. What happens if identical entries are submitted by different entrants? In the event that more than one Entrant submits the same idea, the Promoter, in its sole discretion, shall have sole and final determination as to which entry is preferred.
9. Entry Criteria:
a) Entries must not contain images or references to any brand or doll other than Lottie; nor can they contain or reference any third-party names, logos and/or trademarks.
b) Entries (including the image) must not contain defamatory, malicious, indecent or other inappropriate content. Entries must not contain any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, or any other form of solicitation. Entry must not promote a commercial/business enterprise, a charity, political, religious cause or any cause other than the theme of the competition.
c) Entries will be automatically reviewed and moderated for content before being displayed publicly, however such review does not relieve you from responsibility for compliance with these Terms and Conditions. Any Entry that is found, at any time, not in compliance with these Terms and Conditions or that otherwise contain prohibited or inappropriate content as determined by the Promoter, in its sole discretion, will be disqualified. The Promoter shall have sole and final determination as to which entries are eligible to take part in this Promotion and no correspondence will be entered. The Entrant may be notified via email if their Entry is rejected or disqualified but due to the number of anticipated entries we will not be able to provide any further information.
d) The Promoter reserves the right to alter the name/image of an Entry in its sole discretion including but not limited to: correction of errors, cosmetic changes to images or where entry names or images are not in compliance with applicable laws and regulations or are otherwise not appropriate. The Entrant
e) Warrants and represents that verifiable parental consent is given for the submission of their child’s design into the Lottie design competition, and that Arklu Ltd has their permission to collect information about their child, specifically their child’s first name, age, city and country. Entries without this verifiable parental consent will not be considered.
f) A parent / guardian who submits a child’s design to the competition must do using their own email account to enter.
g) By entering this Promotion, the Parent / Guardian acknowledges and agrees that the child’s work, as well as first name, age, city and country will be published in an online gallery during and after the close of the Competition at and may also be used in other media and social media, at the Promoter's sole discretion. Winner Selection Process:
10. All valid Entries will be judged on the following criteria: Lottie designs will be judged against their: - Creativity and Originality - Adherence to the Lottie brand values, especially in terms of being outdoors and adventurous, and embracing childhood, as well as using imagination
11. How is the Winner contacted? The Winner will be selected and their parent/guardian notified in confidence by email in 2-3 weeks after the competition closes, the date of which is at the discretion of Arklu. The winner’s parent/guardian will be contacted by email. Upon acknowledging receipt, the winner’s parent/guardian must reply within 5 working days to verify. If attempted notification using all the contact details supplied by the Winner at time of entry are returned as undeliverable, or if a Winner cannot be verified within a reasonable time period of 10 working days, or if a Winner is otherwise unable to accept their status as Winner or is otherwise ineligible, their selection as Winner will be forfeited and an alternate Winner may be selected, in the Promoter's sole discretion. The Winner is subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Terms and Conditions.
12. Development of the winning idea The promoter Arklu Ltd reserves the right to develop the winning design of either/both Lottie doll and components, and/or any of the entries to the competition, at any point in the future.
13. Sale and distribution of the winning Lottie design cannot be guaranteed: If the winning design is put into production following the selection and confirmation of eligibility of the Winner’s entry, sale and distribution of the winning design is dependent on participation by retailers and cannot be guaranteed by the Promoter.
14. The Prize:
a) The winner can choose one Lottie, Finn and friends doll and one accessory set.
b) The promoter will in this instance choose to develop the winning design, the Winner is not entitled to any claim or a percentage of any sales of the doll. The Winner acknowledges that he/she will not receive any compensation or proceeds from the sale or use of the doll or accessories. In lieu of any compensation to the Winner, 10% of the net profits from products developed through our “Inspired by Real Kids” competitions will be donated to charities.
15. Warranties As condition of entry into this Promotion, by submitting an Entry parents and guardians:
a) Grant the Promoter the unconditional, exclusive, and perpetual right and permission to reproduce, broadcast, display, adapt, modify, create derivative works of, exhibit, copyright, and otherwise use the Entry or part thereof in any manner throughout the world for any purpose, without limitation, and without additional review, compensation, or approval. This includes, but is not limited to the right to publish, republish, transmit, sell, distribute and otherwise use the design in electronic, film, game and print form, and agree to authorize the Promoter to license or permit others to do so.
b) Agree to have the child’s first name, age, city and country used in any future related publicity materials for advertising, publicity, and promotional purposes to promote the launch of the winning design on a worldwide basis, and in all forms of media, in perpetuity, without further compensation, whether they are selected as winner or not.
ARKLU LTD, 4TH FLOOR, 86-90 PAUL STREET, LONDON, ENGLAND, EC2A 4NE, United Kingdom. Email: email@example.com